- 12 ounces broccoli, cut into small florets
- ¼ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
- ⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅔ cup bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Optional: 2 tsp Sriracha (optional but recommended!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Aggressively season with salt. Blanch the broccoli in boiling water for about two minutes. Drain and finely chop the cooked broccoli. In a mixing bowl, add broccoli, scallions, garlic, cheddar, egg, and bread crumbs. Optional: Add hot sauce of choice. Mix well and chill in the refrigerator for 15–20 minutes.
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray. Shape the mixture into tot shapes and spread them evenly on the sheet.
- Bake for 8–9 minutes. Flip and then bake for an additional 8–9 minutes on the other side until golden brown.