3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
1 1/2 cups of white granulated sugar
1 99 gram – 128 gram package of jello lemon pie filling or instant lemon pudding (small packet
2 tbsp fresh lemon zest
1 1/4 cup whole milk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 tbsp cornstarch
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard Bundt pan.(the 12 cup capacity)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add in the lemon pie filling mix POWDER ( YOU DO NOT COOK IT) and combine thoroughly.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is thoroughly incorporated.
- Mix in the lemon zest.
- Combine the milk, oil and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup or bowl.
- Starting with the dry ingredients, alternate pouring a third of the wet and dry ingredients into the mixer bowl, incorporating thoroughly after each addition. You will end on the wet ingredients. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes after the last addition.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Invert the cake onto a baking rack to cool.
- Frost with Lemon Buttercream Icing when the cake has completely cooled and sprinkle lemon zest over the icing if wanted.