3-4 pounds chicken wings
1 tablespoon corn starch
1 1/3 cups soy sauce
1/3 cup Mirin rice cooking wine
1/2 cup honey
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
2-3 tablespoons Sriracha, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together soy sauce, Mirin, honey, garlic, ginger, Sriracha and cornstarch mixture.
- Arrange wings in a single layer onto prepared baking dish. Pour the sauce evenly over the wings.
- Place into oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, using metal tongs to turn at halftime. Then broil for 2-3 minutes, or until the wings are slightly charred.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.