- 20 medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the assembly:
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn drained and rinsed
- 1 cup tomatoes diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon cilantro minced
- 1 lime cut into 4 slices
- 4 meal prep containers
To cook the shrimp:
- In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, garlic, cumin, chili and onion powders, and salt. Add in shrimp and toss to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for for at least 10 minutes or up to 24 hours. Heat a large heavy-duty or cast iron skillet on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the olive oil and shrimp. Cook shrimp in a skillet on medium-high heat until pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Divide brown rice into 4 meal prep containers (1/2 cup each). Top with 5 shrimps, a scoop of black beans, corn, tomatoes, a sprinkle of cheese, cilantro and a slice of lime. Cover and refrigerate for a max of 4 days.
- Heat bowls in the microwave for 2 minutes or until heated throughly. Drizzle with lime juice and top with salsa, sour-cream or gucamole if desired.
Cook brown rice according to package directions before getting started on the shrimp so it cooks while you are preparing the shrimp.