- 2 – 2.5 lbs skin on chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped finely
- 2 jalapeño, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or to taste
- . Rinse the chicken thighs, remove the bones, leave the skin on, and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- . Get a big bowl, mixing all the ingredients of the Marinade together using a whisk. Make sure the Marinade is well combined together.
- . Add chicken to the Marinade, make sure to stir and coat the chicken evenly. Marinate for 2 hours.
- . Fire up the grill, brush a little bit of oil on the surface. Add a little bit of the garlic, cilantro, and jalapeno from the Marinade on top of the chicken and grill them until they turn golden brown and charred on both sides. Serve immediately.
You can make this chili lime chicken with a cast-iron grill pan or regular skillet, or bake in the oven. Preheat the oven to 400F and bake it for about 20-25 minutes or until the skin becomes brown and charred. You can also use skinless and boneless chicken thighs or breasts.