- 1 tube refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 c. milk
- 1 large egg
- Powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- Melted chocolate, for drizzling
- Using a small cookie scoop, roll cookie dough into small balls, about 1” wide. Transfer to a large baking sheet and freeze until very firm, about 1 hour.
- Once the cookie dough balls have chilled, in a large pot over medium heat, heat about 3” of vegetable oil until the oil has reached about 360°.
- Make batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and egg and whisk until smooth.
- Once the oil has reached the correct temperature, working in batches, add chilled dough balls to batter and toss until completely coated. Remove cookie dough ball from batter, letting excess batter drip back into the bowl, then carefully add them to the hot oil.
- Fry until golden all over, about 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels and dust with powdered sugar. Drizzle with melted chocolate and serve.