12 oz large shrimp
1 small yellow onion
2 large jalapenos seeded
2 medium tomatoes “on a vine’
1-2 Tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
1/2 cup sour cream
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder
1/4 tsp cumin
4 medium tortillas flour tortillas recommended
5 oz Monterrey Jack cheese grated
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Preheat oil in a large cooking pan over medium heat.
- Slice onions and seeded jalapenos thinly and dice tomatoes.
- Saute veggies with some salt until softened.
- Whisk heavy cream, sour cream, pressed garlic, spices and salt in a mixing bowl and add it to the pan with veggies. Stir well.
- Add shrimp and cook, still over medium heat, until shrimp is almost done.
- Add some cheese in the center of each tortilla.
- Using slotted spoon, scoop out about a quarter of shrimp/veggie mixture, draining most of the sauce, into the tortilla. Roll tortilla and place it in the baking dish, seam down. Repeat with remaining tortillas, shrimp and veggies.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas and spread remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Serve right away.
- Recipe from Lyuba @ willcookforsmiles.com All images and content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to share this recipe, please simply link back to this post for the recipe. Thank you.
- Source : https://www.willcookforsmiles.com/spicy-creamy-shrimp-enchiladas/