For the Tuna Cake
- 3 – 5 ounce cans of white albacore tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1-2 jalapeños, deseeded (optional) and diced
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- For the Chipotle Aioli
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
For the Tuna Cakes
- In a large bowl combine the tuna, onion, Greek yogurt, egg, almond flour, jalapeño, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste, and mix to combine.
- Use a 1/3 cup measuring cup to measure out 6 patties, lightly packing them together, and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over a medium high heat, and cook cakes until golden brown and crisp on the outside, about 3 minutes per side.
For the Chipotle Aioli
- In a blender, purée the Greek yogurt and the peppers until smooth. Serve with the tuna cakes, and enjoy!