- 4 Portobello mushroom caps, stems removed, wiped clean
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 10 oz.Frozen chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (6oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat broiler, setting temperature to excessive. Set oven rack within the middle of the oven (you don’t want the mushrooms too near the warmth element for this recipe). Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spray the mushroom caps with olive oil cooking spray on both sides. Sprinkle with half teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Broil five minutes on every facet, or until simply tender.
- Meanwhile, defrost spinach inside the microwave consistent with the guidelines on the bundle (my bundle stated to cut a small slit within the wrapper, place on a microwave-secure plate and microwave for four-6 mins). Place in a colander to empty. When cool enough to handle, press at the cooked spinach along with your palms and extract as tons water as possible out of it. Repeat this until you are certain you could now not extract extra water.
- Remove mushrooms from oven. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a huge skillet over medium warmness, approximately 3 minutes. Add the onion and cook dinner five-7 minutes, stirring once in a while, until golden. Add the garlic, spinach, half of teaspoon kosher salt and 1/eight teaspoon black pepper and cook dinner, stirring to mix the whole thing, 1-2 greater mins. Remove from warmness and allow to cool a few minutes, then mix inside the Parmesan.
- Evenly distribute the spinach aggregate many of the mushrooms. Don’t press down at the filling – it’s prettier when it’s piled excessive on pinnacle of the mushrooms. Place again underneath the broiler for two-3 mins, or until filling is golden.