- half of cup butter (or your spread of preference)
- 1 massive egg*
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1/4 cup herbal granulated sweetener (Swerve Granular or Natvia Baking Blend)**
- 2 cups almond flour***
- 1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- half cup sugar free chocolate chips (Lily’s Dark Chocolate Premium but you can use Enjoy Life chocolate chips for a dairy free choice)
- Preheat oven to 176C 9-inch cast iron skillet over excessive warmth until effervescent. Reduce heat all the way down to low; cover pan (non-compulsory however prevents butter spitting everywhere), and continue to cook dinner at the same time as stirring now and again until the butter starts offevolved to brown. (Be cautious when lifting the lid off the pan as the butter may additionally spit.) Once browned, remove from warmness and permit to chill for approximately five minutes.
- While butter is cooling, whisk together the egg and vanilla extract. Add the sugar and sweetener and whisk again till mixed. Add the butter as soon as it has cooled and blend well.
- Sift inside the almond flour (press any lumps gently over the sieve to sift quicker); upload the salt and half the chocolate chips; blend via lightly till the batter is properly combined and creamy. It might be a little thicker than cookie dough. Spoon batter into skillet; pinnacle with remaining chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until set on the top whilst pressed lightly and a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cookie comes out easy.
- Serve with No Sugar ice cream or frozen yogurt and experience!
*Replace egg with 1 flax egg for Vegan replacement
**Natural sweetener can be subbed with extra coconut sugar or regular white sugar if you like. Just remember to feature the carb and sugar content to the nutritional stats if counting them.
***Almond flour can be substituted for 1 half cups mild spelt flour, plain white or all purpose flour/s.
If you do not have a forged iron skillet, you may brown the butter in a normal pan and use a pie dish to bake the cookie.