- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 9 maraschino cherries, cut in half of
- 2 cans (20 oz.. Each) DOLE® Pineapple Slices
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 bundle (2-layer) yellow or pineapple-flavored cake blend
- Drain pineapple; reserve juice. Reserve 2 pineapple slices for some other use.
- Stir together melted butter and brown sugar. Evenly divide sugar aggregate into 18 (2/3 cup*) muffin cups sprayed with cooking spray. Lightly press well-drained pineapple slices into sugar aggregate. Place cherries in middle of pineapple, sliced side up.
- Prepare cake blend consistent with the bundle directions, replacing quantity of water called for with reserved juice. Pour 1/4 cup to one/three cup batter into every muffin cup.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 to twenty-five mins or till wooden select inserted in middle comes out smooth.
- Cool five minutes. Loosen edges and invert onto cookie sheets.
- If muffin cup is smaller than 2/3 cup, it’s going to not be large enough to keep pineapple slice and batter.
- Cakes can be served with Pineapple Caramel Sauce. Combine eight oz.. DOLE Crushed Pineapple, 1/four cup heavy cream, 1 cup brown sugar, and a couple of tablespoons butter in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 mins. Remove from heat. When sauce has cooled, combo in a blender or meals processor till clean.