- four medium-large boneless skinless chook breasts OR 4-6 boneless skinless hen thighs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- juice of 1 medium lemon (approximately 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives
- 1 cup more or less chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons capers
- sparkling thyme or basil for garnish (optionally available)
- Season bird with salt and pepper to taste. Cook in a large skillet over medium-high warmth 1-2 mins on every aspect til browned. Transfer to greased sluggish cooker.
- Add onions, olives, crimson peppers, and capers to slow cooker (tuck them across the sides so they are not masking up the hen). Whisk collectively italian seasoning, lemon juice, and garlic and pour over hen.
- Cover and cook dinner on low for 4 hours or on high for two hours. Garnish with clean thyme or oregano and serve.