BOURBON CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES
- 1 cup bourbon*
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 big eggs
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 half teaspoons baking soda
PECAN PIE FILLING
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/four cup cold water
- half of cup brown sugar
- three/4 cup corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
BUTTER PECAN FROSTING:
- 1/four cup butter half stick
- 2/three cup heavy cream
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- half of cup butter softened, 1 stick
- three cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon vanilla extract divided
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 half of cup finely chopped uncooked pecans + 18 complete pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 tiers F. Line 2 preferred cupcake pans with 18 liners.
- In a medium bowl, beat the bourbon, canola oil, eggs, greek yogurt and sugar with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add cocoa powder, flour, salt and baking soda, combining on low velocity till simply included.
- Fill baking cups 3-fourths full. Bake for about 18-22 minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling, at the least 2 hours or covered in a single day.
- Meanwhile make the pecan pie filling. Combine 1/4 cup bloodless water with 2 tablespoons cornstarch, whisk till clean. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, salt and corn starch mixture to a sauce pot. Bring the combination to a boil, whisking continually for approximately 5 mins. Do no longer forestall whisking the mixture, specifically in the starting or you’ll turn out to be with scrambled eggs. Remove the combination from the heat and stir in the pecans, bourbon and vanilla. Allow the mixture to chill a couple of minutes after which transfer to the fridge for at the least one hour or until completely cooled and thickened.
To make the frosting.
- Preheat oven to 350 ranges F. Line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt together 1/four cup butter, cream, and brown sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for one minute. Remove from the heat and upload to the bowl of a stand mixer. Place the bowl within the freezer (or fridge for longer) for 15-20 minutes or until cool.
- In a bowl whisk together the bourbon, 1 tablespoon vanilla, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon. Add pecans and stir to coat frivolously. Transfer nuts to organized baking pan. Bake for 15 to twenty mins, stirring occasionally, till toasted. Remove and toss the pecans with 1 tablespoon butter. Allow to chill 10 mins, set aside.
- Now grab the cooled butter mixture and upload the closing half of cup room temperature butter, vanilla and powdered sugar to the bowl and beat collectively until well mixed. MIx in approximately 1/2 cup of the chopped pecans. If the frosting isn’t stiff sufficient to frost the cupcakes vicinity it in the fridge for 30 20-half-hour or the freezer for 5-15 mins. The put off and whip it for some 2d to get the whole thing smooth once more.
To assemble the cupcakes:
- Use a small paring knife to reduce a cone-fashioned piece from the middle of each cupcake. Fill the hollow with the cooled pecan pie filling.
- Add the frosting (in case you need to pipe the frosting on use a round tip, double the frosting recipe and swirl the frosting on in a circular motion) and sprinkle every cupcake with the final pecans.
- If preferred top with 1 whole pecan.