- 4 part-baked petit pains or rolls Use gluten-free part-baked rolls if required – they’re pretty easy to get hold of
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove peeled and crushed
- 75 g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) mature cheddar cheese, grated
- 8 small mushrooms sliced
- 120 g (1/2 cup) cream cheese
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp Chopped fresh parsley to serve
- Preheat oven to 200C/400F.
- Take the part baked rolls out of the packaging and place on a chopping board. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut out an oblong hole from the top of the rolls. Scoop out the bread, ensuring you don’t piece the bottom of the rolls. Place the rolls on a baking tray. Discard the scooped out bread (or save and cook later with some drizzled on garlic butter ????).
- Mix together the mushrooms, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and garlic in a bowl. Stir in half the cheese and the black pepper. Spoon the mixture into the bread rolls and top with the remaining cheese.
- Place in the oven and cook for 10 minutes – until the bread and cheese is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.