- eight oz. Fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- half of teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to flavor
- 2 tablespoons all-cause flour
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup 1/2 and half, or greater, as needed*
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/four cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons chopped sparkling parsley leaves
- In a big pot of boiling salted water, cook dinner pasta consistent with package instructions; drain well.
- Melt butter in a huge skillet over medium warmth. Add garlic, mushrooms and onion. Cook, stirring on occasion, till tender, approximately 3-4 mins. Stir in thyme and dill until aromatic, approximately 1 minute; season with salt and pepper, to flavor.
- Whisk in flour till gently browned, approximately 1 minute. Gradually whisk in vegetable broth, and cook, whisking constantly, till integrated, approximately 1-2 minutes. Stir in half and 1/2 till slightly thickened, about 1-2 mins.
- Stir in baby spinach and Parmesan until the spinach has wilted, approximately 2 mins. If the aggregate is just too thick, upload more 1/2 and half as needed.
- Stir in pasta and lightly toss to mix.
- Serve straight away, garnished with parsley, if desired.
*Half and half of is same parts of entire milk and cream. For 1 cup 1/2 and half, you can substitute 3/four cup whole milk + 1/four cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fats milk + 1/three cup heavy cream.
Source : https://damndelicious.net/2015/04/11/creamy-mushroom-fettuccine/