- 1 head cauliflower chopped into florets
- 1 carrot peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 head garlic
- three tablespoons greater virgin olive oil divided
- 1 can coconut milk (optional, use almond flour rather if sensitive to the flavor of coconut milk)
- 2 tablespoons dietary yeast
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika non-compulsory
- 1 teaspoon warm smoked paprika optional
- four cups vegetable broth
- handful chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 stages F.
- Cut the pinnacle off the head of garlic, revealing a small component of every clove. Lightly drizzle with olive oil and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Toss the cauliflower florets with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper to flavor. Spread the cauliflower in a unmarried layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake the cauliflower and garlic for 30 minutes.
- Heat final olive oil in a large pot over medium-excessive warmth. Add onions. Cook till translucent (a couple of minutes).
- Add carrots and celery. Cook for a few minutes. Add paprika and salt.
- Add vegetable broth, and bring to a boil.
- Add roasted cauliflower and garlic to the pot (squeeze the garlic paste out of the cloves)
- Bring to a boil, lessen heat and simmer for 10-15 mins.
- Remove from heat and puree till easy with an immersion blender.
- (** Taste the soup and if you are happy with how creamy it’s far there may be no need to add coconut milk.) Add coconut milk (or different nut milk) and nutritional yeast. Bring to a boil, lessen warmth and simmer for 2-3 mins.
- Serve topped with any leftover roasted cauliflower florets and chopped parsley.
- I actually have obtained comments that the addition of coconut milk is just too overpowering and takes over the taste of the soup. Personally, I love coconut milk and it’s far always my milk of desire to add additional creaminess and richness to a recipe, but in case you are touchy to the flavor of coconut milk please use a exclusive nut milk or omit it entirely.
- Sample the soup with out the coconut milk first and in case you are happy with it, there’s no want to feature the coconut milk (unless you like it as plenty as I do).
- Source : https://avocadopesto.com/roasted-cauliflower-soup/