- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- eight oz boneless, skinless hen thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Kosher salt and freshly floor black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/four cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups hen stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- three carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 and half, or greater, as wished*
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Heat olive oil in a big stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper, to taste. Add fowl to the stockpot and prepare dinner until golden, about 2-three mins; set aside.
- Melt butter within the stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic, mushrooms, onion, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring every now and then, till tender, about 3-4 mins. Stir in thyme until fragrant, approximately 1 minute.
- Whisk in flour till lightly browned, approximately 1 minute. Whisk in chook inventory, bay leaf and fowl thighs, and prepare dinner, whisking continuously, until slightly thickened, approximately 4-five mins.
- Stir in half of and half until heated thru, about 1-2 mins; season with salt and pepper, to taste. If the soup is simply too thick, add more 1/2 and half as wished till preferred consistency is reached.
- Serve at once, garnished with parsley and rosemary, if desired.
- *Half and half is equal parts of entire milk and cream. For 1 cup half of and 1/2, you can substitute 3/four cup complete milk + 1/four cup heavy cream or 2/3 cup skim or low-fat milk + 1/three cup heavy cream.
- Source : https://damndelicious.net/2015/01/10/creamy-chicken-mushroom-soup/