- 1 Baguette
- Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1-28 ouncescan crushed tomatoes
- 1-32. Oz. Box of vegetable broth (hen works too)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1 pound floor Italian Sausage
- half cup diced onion (approximately half of medium sized onion)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 9-ounce package refrigerated tortellini
- 2 cups packed clean spinach
- 1 teaspoon salt
- half teaspoon pepper
- Heat a big, heavy bottomed pan over medium-high warmness. Heat vegetable oil and add diced onion. Saute till onions are gentle.
- Crumble Italian Sausage and garlic with the onion. Cook till sausage is not crimson.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, vegetable (or bird) broth, basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, lessen warmness to low, and cowl. Let soup simmer for 20-half-hour.
- Add tortellini and spinach and simmer for about ten mins, until pasta is tender.
- Serve with shredded Parmesan.
- Slice baguette into half of inch thick slices. Butter one facet and location butter side down in a warm skillet until golden brown. Flip bread slices over and sprinkle with Parmesan at the same time as the other side gets golden brown. Transfer to a plate and without delay cowl loosely with foil if cheese has not absolutely melted.
For a creamier soup, upload a half cup of Greek yogurt or sour cream.
Source : https://www.yellowblissroad.com/tortellini-soup-with-italian-sausage-spinach/