- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon floor black pepper
- 2 cups carrots, diced
- 2 cups pink or white potatoes, unpeeled & chopped
- 2 huge cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- half of teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound dried cut up inexperienced peas, rinsed
- 8 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- salt & pepper
- Add olive oil to a large pot over medium warmness. Add onions, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper and sauté till the onions are smooth and translucent, 15 minutes. Add the bay leaf, carrots, potatoes, split peas, and veggie broth. Bring to a boil, then simmer exposed for 45 – fifty five minutes, till peas are tender. (Make sure you have a few bubbles going in your pot from a excessive sufficient simmer otherwise the peas would possibly take a piece longer to melt.)
- Remove bay leaf. Place 2 cups of soup in a excessive pace blender. Puree and go back to pot. Season with freshly cracked sea salt and black pepper to taste. Serve warm.
- Soup will thicken as it cools. Add water in tablespoon increments to thin when reheating.