- 1quartlard or tallowor avocado oil or coconut oil
- 2long necks of butternut squashpeeled and spiralized
- 2teaspoons salt
- 1tablespoonchopped herbs, such as rosemary or thymeoptional
- Peel and spiralize the necks of butternut squash.
- Heat 1 quart of fat in a cast iron Dutch oven on medium-high heat. The fat should reach a temperature of 320 to 350 degrees before frying.
- Prepare a baking sheet or large plate by lining it with paper towels. This is where your squash fries will drain excess fat.
- Working in batches, fry the butternut squash until browned and crispy, about 7 to 9 minutes, gently turning them over once during frying.NEXT STEP