- 5 chayote squash
- ¼ cup of lemon juice
- ¾ cup of sugar substitute (I use Swerve)
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter, sliced thinly
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks of butter melted and cooled)
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups coconut flour
- 2 teaspoon of sugar substitute
- Melt the 1 cup of unsalted butter and allow to cool. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the coconut flour, sugar substitute, salt.
- To the dry ingredients add the cooled melted butter and 4 eggs.
- Mix all the ingredients just until dough forms.
- Divide dough in half to make the top and bottom of the pie crust.
- Roll out each dough half between two sheets of parchment paper. Set aside.
- Transfer one crust into a 8 inch pie pan. Being careful to smooth out any cracks.
- Note the pie crust will be fragil but the dough easily comes together by pressing it.
- Boil the chayotes whole, peel and slice. (Cook till tender about 15-20 minutes)
- Place the peeled and sliced chayotes in a large bowl and add the sugar substitute, lemon juice, sea salt and cinnamon powder. Combine well.NEXT STEP